Forum

Advanced Search

Editing a Typeface

Total Posts: 4

I probably just sinned when editing Helvetica. I added an external link to Helvetic-A-Day (my little photoblog).

To think that my little site should be listed in the same category as perhaps the greatest typeface of all time is probably a little bold, but I guess this is how a site is built, right? Are there rules? Is a link to Wikipedia more appropriate?

I live and breathe Helvetica, and I’m obviously obsessed.
I feel like I’m waiting for the show to drop.

Total Posts: 12

Dude, something must be wrong with you.

It’s just a typeface.

Breath air.

Breathing fine, thanks.

BTW: please try not to be so negative on your replies. Snarky is not cool, it’s just snarky.

Total Posts: 2
Briän Michael Zick - Aug 31, 2009 06:16pm
It’s just a typeface.

Just a typeface… and bacon is just a fried meat, robots are just machines and Apple is just a hardware company.

Eric E. Anderson - Aug 31, 2009 08:08pm
Just a typeface… and bacon is just a fried meat, robots are just machines and Apple is just a hardware company.

My point exactly. Though, Apple also makes software.

CreativeXpert posse rollin’ thick. You better recognize.

Total Posts: 2

Dude didn’t even pick up on my sarcasm. Some things get lost in text.

I should have selected a typeface that would more effectively translate my writing into something more sarcastic. Sarcastic Sans perhaps?

Eric E. Anderson - Aug 31, 2009 11:02pm
Sarcastic Sans perhaps?
Comic Sans

Eric E. Anderson - Aug 31, 2009 11:02pm
Dude didn’t even pick up on my sarcasm. Some things get lost in text.

lol… Actually, if I’m the dude, I totally picked up on your sarcasm. I also just chose to take it seriously.

Sarcastic? What about Curlz? That makes some good sarcasm. Or mebbe that mark that looks like a lightning bolt on top of a dot.

Total Posts: 3

Everyone of us has a handful of favourites. I have also the opinion that, well, as beautiful or functional as they might be… they are just typefaces.

Total Posts: 9
Mosh - Nov 26, 2009 01:25pm
Everyone of us has a handful of favourites. I have also the opinion that, well, as beautiful or functional as they might be… they are just typefaces.

Exactly. Not worth a damn except for web forum signatures and guy magazines.

Total Posts: 3

[vbm] - Nov 28, 2009 04:44am
[quote author=“Exactly. Not worth a damn except for web forum signatures and guy magazines.

: ) Not what I said. I love typefaces. But they have different importance for different people and chastising anyone for having a different opinion is worthless to me.

Total Posts: 1

“I feel like I’m waiting for the show to drop.”
Is this a clever turn of phrase or a misquote of “waiting for the other shoe to drop”?
I’m going for typo as w and e sit right next to each other.
Either way it got me thinking.