Type News: Miller Time
We’re living the high life in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, host city for TypeCon2012: MKE SHIFT. Crack open a cold one, kick back, and enjoy an abbreviated Type News. Try the veal; I heard the schnitzel was amazing!
Grant returns next week with a double scoop of new type — and to help belatedly celebrate our second birthday! Meanwhile, dig into this list of news-related items, hastily assembled but Real:
- Keep up with the TypeCon goings-on by following the TypeCon Snippets Tumblr account.
- This year’s Hamilton Wayzgoose takes place November 2–4. Sign up soon!
- J.M. Mosley examines the big type specimen book of the Imprimerie Royale, Paris, 1845.
- Find out where you want to go by using Ascii Street View.
- Yves Peters writes about “Preserving Disappearing Architectural Lettering in Austria.”
- John Berry recaps his experience at Granshan 2012.
- It seems that “Noteworthy” isn’t particularly noteworthy.
- After the release of The Dark Knight Rises, Jamie covers type-related mistakes in movies.
- Grain Edit takes a closer look at the most recent typeface designs from Type and Media.
- John Boardley returns with another “This Week in Type.”
- Learn about the typefaces used in the latest Wired redesign.
- Get organized with these superhero typographic classifications.
That’s it for this week. Next time: more on TypeCon and all the usual goodies you’ve come to expect. Say hi to Etaoin Shrdlu for me!
Thanks to Brian Warren for causing me to envy some delicious-looking food.
Comments are closed on this entry.